- Up to £18.00 per hour
Can you program, set up and machine component parts whilst owning the whole process? Do you truly enjoy the satisfaction of managing a project from start to finish?
We require a skilled and experienced CNC milling programmer/setter/operator to work in a fast- make precision engineering environment manufacturing complex and critical components for aerospace, nuclear, oil and gas.
You should have the ability to read technical drawings and plan machining operations and be able to program and set the machine accordingly. Also to perform your own ‘first off’ inspection ensuring the part conforms to drawing.
Ideally you will have experience using Haas Controls, but good working experience & knowledge of Fanuc controls will easily transfer. Knowledge of speeds/feeds and other milling cutting data is essential.
Reporting to the Cell leader, as a CNC Miller you will be responsible for setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centres in a busy workshop environment.
Machine first class precision engineered components and parts for our global customer base supplying safety critical parts to the nuclear, petrochemical and aerospace markets.
Skills and Experience
- Programming experience
- CAD knowledge
- Advanced problem solving
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to edit/write programs as required
- Vertical machining experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working with exotic materials
- Haas UMC-750 5 Axis knowledge/experience
What the SPE ideal candidate looks like:
- Apprentice trained / or a proven engineering work history.
- Possess a good knowledge of Fanuc / Haas (ISO) code with the ability to edit / write programs as required.
- Competent at setting and running Haas machining centres from VF2-VF9 in size.
- Experience with Fanuc or Haas control systems essential.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment, ideally within the Oil & Gas, Nuclear / Defence, Motor Sport or aerospace sector.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to work on their own initiative, showing a methodical. approach to work and good problem-solving skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail and quality, along with the ability to manage their workload.
- Ensure that the relevant control systems are adhered to and that both Quality and Health and Safety standards are maintained.
- To be customer and product focused at all times.
- To be able to communicate with employees at all levels.