- Up to £38,000 per annum
- To write the work instructions, calculating machining times and producing quotations directly for our customers.
- To estimate the cost of manufacture, to prepare and submit sales quotations.
- To work within a quality management system (ISO9001/AS9100).
- To understand customer requirements which may involve customer visits and/or skype calls. To create a bill of materials (BOM).
- To obtain prices from our supply chain for raw materials and subcontract activities.
- To generate routings in an MRP system for the planned method of manufacture as a turnkey supply.
- To calculate accurate machining hours.
- To target specific types of work to suit our in-house capability and current capacity.
- To provide post-sales support to production to ensure products are manufactured to appropriate standards and in the most cost-effective manner.
- To maintain knowledge of current industry trends, techniques and equipment to ensure continuing competitiveness within the market.
- To communicate customer flow down requirements and quality requirements, ensuring that all personnel involved in production have all the information required to be able to implement them.
Skills and Experience
- The role will suit individuals currently working as an Engineering Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer (Project Manager or Production Manager with estimating experience living within a commutable distance of Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire or willing to relocate.
- Enthusiastic with great communication skills.
- Fully computer literate.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with customers both face to face and over the phone.
- Previous knowledge of MRP systems (e.g.: Progress Plus or Progress.net), and experience of working to ISO9001/AS9100 would be an advantage.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have a Manufacturing / Engineering background.
- Have a good engineering background of CNC machining in metal.
- Have a significant and demonstrable experience of working in a precision engineering company.
- Can confidently read an engineering drawing.
- Can “calculate” machining times for CNC machined components in steel from a 2D drawing.
- Have an understanding of different metal grades (carbon, stainless, alloys etc).
- Have an understanding of sub-contract activities.
- Able to understand technical issues and assist in solving these between in house production and the customer.
- Willing and open to learn and increase your skills through our training and development sessions