Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
- Salary: Starting salary of £11,362, increasing up to £23,000
- Expected Duration: 42 months
- Reporting to: Apprenticeship Coordinator
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Skilled machinists create precision parts which are used across the Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Medical, Aerospace and Defence sectors.
Apprentices will gain experience in the set up and operation of all machines in our factory.
Apprentices will rotate through every area of our factory including: Milling, Turning, Manuals, Grinding, Inspection, Tooling, Material Handling, Programming, Sales, Quality, Bench and more.
Once Module 1 rotation is complete, apprentices will progress further, developing their CNC machining knowledge using a variety of machining centres including multi-axis milling and turning machines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician Standard:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of apprenticeship.
Continuous professional development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
If you wish to apply, email CV and Covering Letter to: Apprenticeships@i-SPE.co.uk