- Salary: Depending on experience
- Reporting to: HR Manager
- An accomplished Co-ordinator with proven experience in a Dept of Education environment is required to coordinate the day to day delivery of apprenticeships within SPE.
- 2019 saw the start of our own Apprenticeship centre focusing on the delivery of the new Apprenticeship Standards. SPE currently deliver a focused Level 3 Engineering Technician curriculum in addition to a small selection of other Engineering and Lean Standards to fuel our own pipeline of future talent.
- The journey from induction to successful achievement of the apprenticeship will be coordinated by the Apprenticeship coordinator who will also assist the HR Manager with critical administrative tasks to support the overall shared services team.
- Currently SPE has only a very small team of Apprentices (less than 10% of our workforce). An important aspect of the role is to ensure that all apprentice data is managed effectively to enable the service to expand and develop. As a family run business, ensuring timely and successful completion of Apprenticeships is top of our agenda. Our business is based in an area of low social mobility and the person in this role will make a big difference to local young people.
- Working closely with many stakeholders across the business in the delivery of the apprenticeship, it will be important to encourage good working relationships across all teams. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively communicate within a busy manufacturing environment whilst also having working knowledge of RoTAP, ESFA, Leaner Records Service and associated Department of Education apprenticeship procedures.
- Part time working and / or contracting may be considered depending on experience.
What the SPE ideal candidate looks like:
- Enjoy a challenge and work on own initiative – really !
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude showing a methodical approach to work and good problem-solving skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and quality, along with the ability to manage their workload
- An ambassador for SPE when speaking to external clients, future talent and associated partners
- To be customer and product focused at all times
- To be able to communicate with a wide range of people and enjoy a fast paced environment
- Ideally have worked directly within an HR function.