Swiftool Precision Engineering ltd are looking to recruit a skilled Engineering Manager who has previous experience in planning and co-ordinating programming activities and producing programs for CNC Milling / Turning and Mill / Turn machines.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- To help shape and drive the engineering department to achieve key deliverables linked to the 5 year plan.
- Plan and execute strategies for completing projects and engineering tasks on time.
- Optimise productivity utilising LEAN methodologies, technology, and innovation to ensure that the organisation continuously improves its processes and ways of
- Proposing and managing budgets for projects.
- Collaborate with Sales & Production teams ensuring best manufacturing methods are selected for producibility.
- Ensure that internal procedures and objectives are adhered to meet the quality standard of the business as well as maintaining policies, procedures, and standards in accordance with AS9100 and any other product certification requirement.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the programming team, including identifying any training and future development needs as and when required.
- Responsible for quality of CNC programs and technical accuracy.
- Liaise with other sections at daily production meetings clearly defining capacity issues/opportunities in order to improve work flow throughout the factory and deliver the monthly sales loading.
Requirements and Experience:
- Masters/bachelor’s degree in engineering management and/or relevant Engineering discipline. (Desirable, candidates that can demonstrate proven experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role will be considered in lieu of educational preferences).
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in a metal cutting/machining environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with CAD/CAM software, Siemens NX Essential.
- Ability to program both mills, lathes & mill turn.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of machine code (G & M code).
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GD&T.
- Strong communication and Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously.