SPE Ltd is an award winning, family owned business established in 1977 as Swiftool Precision Engineering. Today we are a first choice vendor to a global customer base supplying safety critical parts and winning multiple high profile awards for quality, delivery, innovation and work place culture.
SPE’s signature service is the supply of high integrity precision machined components, kits and precision machined assemblies into the Nuclear, Defence, Aerospace and Energy sectors. These parts make a difference to the way we travel, the defence of the British Isles and the energy markets of the world.
Summary and Main Purpose:
Due to continued growth, there is an exciting opportunity to join our sales team as a post graduate project engineer. Your role once trained would be to work with the sales team to plan and manage the route of a job from start to finish efficiently and effectively. This would include, Customer interactions, quoting, method of manufacture, budget, and delivery planning. You will be working with high spec, safety critical precision machined components and assemblies for the Aerospace Nuclear & Energy sectors. This is an integral role within the company with fantastic opportunities and career growth. You will be responsible for key customers and exciting new projects within several engineering sectors.
You will receive full in-house training and the chance to make the role your own.
Key Role functions –
- Take responsibility for the sales cycle from prospecting through to successful conversation, along with managing the ongoing relationships with current clients.
- Project engineer new work from start to finish including managing budgets and on time delivery through to post contract customer satisfaction.
- Assess manufacturability of parts including DFM meetings on areas that can be improved for ease of manufacture
- Develop and increase sales; explore sales leads / potential customers and develop long term relationships with clients
- Research new manufacturing technologies with opportunities to present findings to management for potential development
- Work on continuous improvement projects to improve on efficiency of processes.
- Regular visits to potential new customers and sales events
- Understand customer requirements
- Successfully work within an engineering team
- Provide technical assistance
- Be an integral part of growing the company
- Plan workload activities and provide regular reports to management
- Work with both support and service staff to ensure excellent after sales experience for all users
- Work to an internationally recognised quality management system
The ideal Person:
This role would suit a good communicator who has a real passion for engineering, has a planned and structured approach to any task, is computer literate, enjoys solving problems, is willing to explore innovative ideas using the latest technology and is keen to learn new skills. This person should also be qualified to a degree level in Mechanical engineering, science, project management or similar.
We offer full training, a competitive salary, a 40hr working week, early finish on a Friday, in a covid safe, clean working environment, healthcare, pension & much more.
Please email your current CV and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested in any of our vacancies