Salary: Depending on experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Several years of experience in a similar stores/ materials handling type position (automotive, gas and oil, aerospace nuclear)
- Experience of stock control and stocktaking
- Ability to use first principle inspection equipment
- Communication and inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Working to company standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Previous experience with MRP system.
- Time management skills.
- Some knowledge of engineering job kitting
- Good understanding of Manual Handling and other health & safety regulations
- Forklift truck licence (4 way and/or counterbalance liocence)
- Previous work experience with Automatic Band Saws would be an advantage
- Previous work in Goods inwards inspection
- Good knowledge of MS Office
Goods In Roles and Responsibilities
- Accepting and progressing deliveries in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Driving forklift.
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and B.O.M’s.
- Goods inwards inspection
- Kitting parts in accordance with batch card in timely efficient manner.
- Operating band saws in most efficient manner to maximise productivity whilst taking to consideration correct speeds and feeds (cutting materials as per batch card or supervisor verbal instruction).
- Maintaining accurate stock levels on progress MRP system as well as on Steel Stocks spreadsheet.
- Maintain traceability of all materials (steel, o-rings, bolts etc….) at all times.
- Keeping stores and goods in areas, including saws, in tidy condition at all times.
- Working to daily capacity report list, targeting improvement on OTIF (reds first and then ambers and greens).
- Booking materials to locations after inspection or clean and pack to maintain tractability in stores.
- Pull items out of stock and adjust stock levels accordingly.
- Identifying and actioning any issues with stock levels or batch card.
- Maintain vans/forklift in clean and tidy condition including conducting and recording weekly vans and forklift checks on relevant checklist as well as identifying and actioning any issues.
- Conducting stock/Inventory checks.