Summary and Main Purpose:
Provide accurate quotations for precision machined parts and assemblies for the Aerospace Nuclear & Energy sectors. Strong background in manufacturing, planning and engineering is essential.
- Develop and increase sales; search for new clients and develop long term relationships with clients.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and business needs.
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts.
- Provide pre sales technical assistance and product education.
- Analyse costs and sales
- Take responsibility for the sales cycle from prospecting through to successful conversation, along with managing the ongoing relationships with current clients.
- Provide feedback on trends and developments in target markets to Product Managers and Sales Managers.
- Report sales activities and prepare quarterly sales forecasts
- Develop a business plan with the sales manager
- Work with support and service staff to ensure excellent after sales experience for all users.
- Achieve sales order intake values as per current forecast / individual targets
- Achieve conversion % values
- Drive for 10% profit – report (monthly) individual performance via profitability report
(Targets will be communicated for team, sector & individual targets. it is the sales engineer’s responsibility to ensure their pipeline (enquiries/leads from BD) have a sufficient value to achieve the sales order intake required based on the average % conversion rate for the sector/customer)
- Degree in scientific or engineering subject, or relevant equivalent experience
- Strong Manufacturing Engineering background
- A proven track record in sales / business development
- The ability to work independently and be self motivated to achieve goals
- Excellent negotiation and reasoning skills.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A solid technical background
- Sales skills
- Communication skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Organisation skills
- Teamworking ability
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Independence and self resilience