Summary and Main Purpose:
To maintain work flow throughout the sections in the most efficient manner, show leadership to the section team and use engineering knowledge to process work in the leanest way possible improving OEE at all times. Initiating and encourage a spirit of cooperation between sections in line with the company’s core values. Ensure work travels through the shop floor in the most efficient way and KPI’s for the milling section are met.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing activities within cells to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Optimise productivity to meet production KPI’s and reduction in cost of quality
- Maintain the Health & Safety policy and environmental compliance within the section through the control of those hazards that create a risk of loss to employees, property, products and company reputation.
- Ensure that internal procedures and objectives are adhered to in order to meet the quality standard of the business as well as maintaining policies, procedures and standards in accordance with AS9100 and any other product certification requirement.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the section team, including helping with any programming and Machining issues that may arise.
- Take direct responsibility for the production in the section, to exceed customer expectations in terms of delivery and quality.
- Liaise with other sections as required at daily production meetings, clearly defining capacity issues/opportunities in order to improve work flow throughout the factory and deliver the monthly sales loading.
- Ensure machine tools are regularly maintained in line with the company’s procedures.
- Facilitate formal Toolbox Talks & SQCDP boards
- Ensure 5S is resourced, planned, executed and delivered in the section. Maintaining WIP squares and “parts to go” area in section.
- Expert set up and operation of CNC multi axis machines
- Exposure of working with MTO scheduling tool to front load and plan work
- Ability to program CNC machines for complex jobs when required
- Challenging routings etc. to find a more efficient way of machining milled parts.
- Experience of working with MTO scheduling tool to front load and plan work
- Evidence of consistently improving CNC performance times through multi manning etc
- Running successful CI events on the shop floor with measured close out reports
- Key stakeholder management in the improvement of OEE
- Previous team leader/ supervisor experience