Summary and Main Purpose:
Swiftool Precision Engineering ltd are looking to recruit a skilled CAD/CAM Programmer who has previous experience in producing complex programs for CNC Milling / Turning and Mill / Turn machines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
We are a leading engineering company who manufacture complex, precision engineered components for a number of industries including Nuclear, Oil & Gas, and General Engineering.
The client is looking to recruit a skilled Offline Programmer who has previous experience in producing complex programs for CNC Milling / Turning and Mill-Turn machines.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ensure that internal procedures and objectives are adhered to in order to meet the quality standard of the business as well as maintaining policies, procedures and standards in accordance with AS9100 and any other product certification requirement.
- Optimise productivity (with regards to new tooling and machining methods) to meet production KPI’s and help drive reduction in cost of quality across the business through CI.
- Complete daily programming tasks within the programming dept, while following the procedures in place to ensure the continued performance of the dept.
- Liaise with other sections of the business to ensure smooth transition and production of parts.
- Take responsibility for own programs and methods used, while considering new methods/tooling/work holding.
- Previous offline CNC Programming experience essential.
- A sound understanding of Fanuc CNC Controls.
- Ability to produce complex programs offline using NX/FeatureCAM software.
- NX/FeatureCAM experience is preferable but other software packages may be considered.
- Ability to create programs for CNC Milling, Turning and Mill-Turn.
- Previous experience to be ideally within Aerospace, Nuclear or Oil & Gas sectors.
- Experience working with Exotic materials as well as steels/titanium.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and 3D Models.
- Sound understanding of CNC Machinery with the ability to “take control” when required to project manage new parts through the shopfloor.
- Ability to use Vericut to verify programs is desired.
- Keen interest in problem solving and process improvement.
- Assist within the Engineering/ Programming dept to achieve key deliverables
Please email your current CV and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested in any of our vacancies.