A new and exciting opportunity is available for a Business Admin Apprentice to join Swiftool’s dynamic, family owned Engineering Company. The successful apprentice will work across many areas of the business including: Finance, Quality, Human Resources, Operations, IT, Sales and Procurement.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The successful candidate will provide efficient and effective administration support to all areas of the business
- Typical duties of the apprentice will include:
- Data entry
- Report writing
- Use of Microsoft Software
- Liaising with Staff, Clients and Visitors regarding company related matters
- Handling queries
- Meeting arranging and minute taking
- Information handling
- Raising purchase orders
- Processing invoices
- Ensuring compliance and quality assurance is met in line with company procedures
- Providing any other administrational support to areas of the business
- As part of the apprenticeship you will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- By completing the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-levels.
- During the apprenticeship, you will be required to undertake off the job training; this will be provided to you during your working hours and will account for 20% of your working time.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following completion of the apprenticeship, there may be many opportunities to progress within Swiftool, in departments such as: HR, Finance, Quality or Sales.
There are also other progress routes on to further qualifications in these subjects or other business areas.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Strong literacy skills, Interpersonal skills, Strong Microsoft Office skills
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C or 4 or above) essential
Other Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Excel, Word) (Grade Proficient) desirable
· Annual wage
· Working week
Monday – Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm Friday – 8.00am-2.30pm You are entitled to an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes, each working day
Total hours per week: 38
· Expected apprenticeship duration
· Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
· Apprenticeship level
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 3 (A level)
Please email your current CV and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested in any of our vacancies.